Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  October 18, 2012 1:00am-2:00am PDT

1:00 am
but they figure it might just track right over to baby-sitting. >> bill: dennis miller committing to the romney cause in a big way. miller will be here. >> bill: president obama helped himself in the debate. romney didn't hurt himself there wasn't clearly a winner loser situation. >> bill: i discuss the debate with katie couric on her new syndicated program. >> with all due respect to the president he hasn't explained what happened to the american people. >> bill: caution, you are about to enter the no spin zone. the factor begins right now. ♪ >> bill: hi, i'm bill o'reilly, thanks for watching us tonight. presidential debate number two. that is the subject of this evening's talking points memo. as you know, i am a simple man so i'm going to keep this memo real simple. last night president obama helped his cause. but he did not damage mitt
1:01 am
romney who held his own. because mr. obama was on the ropes after debate one, he gained the most from last night's exposition. here is how it went down. mitt romney's best moment was this. >> this is a president who has not been able to do what he said he would do. he said that he would cut in half the deficit. he hasn't done that either. in fact, he doubled it. he said that by now middle income families would have a reduction in their health insurance premiums by $2,500 a year. it's gone up by $2,500 a year. the unemployment, the number of people who are still looking for work is still 23 million americans. there are more people in poverty, one out of six people in poverty. how about food stamps? when he took office, 32 million people were on food stamps. today 47 million people are on food stamps. how about the growth of the economy? it's growing more slowly this year than last year. and more slowly last year than the year before. >> bill: well, romney
1:02 am
delivered that message very well. even though some of his stats can be debated. the president's best moment came at the end of the debate when he finally brought up the governor's 47% comment where he implied many americans who support barack obama are not self-reliant and want stuff from the government. think about who he was talking about. people on social security who have worked all their lives, veterans who have sacrificed for this country. students who are out there trying to hopefully advance their own dreams but also this country's dreams. soldiers who overseas fighting for us right now. people who are working hard every day paying payroll tax. gas taxes but don't make enough income. and i want to fight for them. >> bill: mr. obama said that in his closing statement so mr. romney could not reply. kind of sneaky but effective. on the negative side, the president had two, two very
1:03 am
weak moments. romney one. the governor hectored the president over his energy policy. >> in the last four years you cut permits and licenses on federal land and federal waters in half. >> not true, governor romney. >> how much did you cut them by then. >> not true. >> how much did you cut them by. >> we produced more oil. >> how much did you cut deficits on federal land and governor waters. >> governor romney here is what we did. >> there were a bunch of oil companies. >> i had a question was and how much did you cut them by. >> you wanted me to answer. i'm happy to ain't question. >> bill: the problem with that sequence is that romney did not look presidential. he looked like a cable news analyst. he should have simply presented the facts and let the chips fall. now, the president looked bad trying to answer romney's question about why gas prices have more than doubled on his watch. >> he said when i took office the price of gasoline was 1.80, 1.86. why is that?
1:04 am
because the economy was on the verge of collapse. because we were about to go through the worse recession since the great depression. as a consequence of some of the same policies that governor romney is promoting. >> bill: are you kidding me? the president believes gas prices prices were lower because of the bad economy? if that's the reason why has the price at the pump risen so much? the economy is still bad. doesn't make any sense. totally bogus answer. as was mr. owe obama's reply to this question. >> we were sitting around talking about libya and we were reading and became aware of reports that the state department refused extra security for our embassy in benghazi, libya, prior to the attacks that killed four americans. who was it that denied enhanced security and why? >> well, let me first of all talk about our diplomats because they serve all around the world.
1:05 am
and do an incredible job in a very dangerous situation. >> bill: that's not what the guy asked. with all due respect, the president dodged the very important question about who pulled two security teams out of libya in august. he just simply dodged it. it was embarrassing. after that, the libyan deal got even worse. >> you said in the rose garden the day after the attack it was an act of terror. it was not a spontaneous demonstration. is that what you are saying. >> please proceed, governor. >> i want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in benghazi an act of terror. >> get the transcript. >> he did, in fact, sir. so let me call it an act of terror in the rose garden. >> you can say that louder, candy? >> he did call it an act of terror. [ applause ] >> it did as well take -- it did as well take two weeks or
1:06 am
so for the whole idea of there being a riot out there about this tape to come out, you are correct about that. >> bill: ms. crowley with all due respect because i like her totally blew it. 100% blew it. all right. candy crowley helped the president, all right? she actually helped him when she should have stayed neutral. the president did not, did not specifically call the murder of the american ambassador in libya a terrorist attack. in the rose garden, he was speaking generically about the nation not giving into terrorism no matter what form it takes. ms. crowley did not make that clear. now, that controversy came up when i talked with katie couric today. >> ms. crowley with all due respect blue -- blew it it what the president said in the rose garden is that americans will never give into terrorism. it was a general statement. did he not label the benghazi attack terrorism.
1:07 am
>> i think it's sort of subject to interpretation in terms of what he said. >> that's fair, you can interpret it that way. however, here's where that argument falls down. is that the president sent his ache lights out to say it was generated by that crazy tape. and you had ambassador rice say it you had his press secretary say it, mr. obama's press secretary jay carney said it. so it doesn't really add up in the body of what happened. >> bill: we will show you more of that couric interview later in the program. so, summing up, president obama regains some momentum but did not diminish his opponent. who has established himself as the president's equal on policy. with the third debate looming next monday night, anything and i mean anything could happen in this very intense race. no spin. that's the memo. coming up: debate analysis with laura ingraham, bob beckel and thomas freidman. also ahead,
1:08 am
1:09 am
1:10 am
1:11 am
>> bill: continuing with our lead story analyzing last night's debate. cbs did a snap poll among uncommitted voters after the bloviating ended, 37% believe the president won. 30% say governor romney did. 33% called it a draw. same poll however, 65 percent said romney would do best handling the economy. 34% believe the president would. joining us now from washington fox news analyst and radio talk show star laura ingraham. the talking points memo, do you have any quibles with it? i think it i was fair to everybody there. >> yeah, i have got to say i hate agreeing with you in this case you pretty much are on point. look, romney missed some opportunities no doubt. i think a few rhetorical flourishes would have been in order and might have been good for him to make some passing reference to the president's prefunctory reference to acts
1:12 am
of terror and then kind of spell it out. and so that might have been a bit of a missed opportunity. >> bill: he didn't know. i don't think you can blame the governor for that. >> no. >> bill: crowley had the transcript right in front of her. and she didn't know. she didn't understand because i don't think they -- neither governor obama nor candy crowley read the whole speech in the rose garden it? >> was very brief. >> bill: if you read the whole speech you know what the president saying. look even though we are hit in these countries we are never going to give in. >> sure. >> bill: he wasn't branding it a terror attack. >> no. >> bill: the fact that jay carney, little jay doesn't do anything, just goes right now. >> mitt never said that o'reilly. the governor never said had you your press secretary. your secretary. that nevertheless, i think you are point to the right metrics. the issue that america is hung
1:13 am
gering for leadership on is deficit. as its jobs and the economy. and weather it's the n n poll. cbs poll on those metrics obama is in big trouble. romney wins and he wins handily. talking about the election. wins overall in how people are viewing him right now with the economy, jobs. just overall leadership quality. so while romney didn't go as good as first debate. didn't see on his game. >> bill: too many things in his mind. it helped him when he ran all down the economy and how bad it was. you could tell it's memorized it hurts him -- >> -- it hurts him to get too much information out at once. >> bill: is he not listening then. is he trying to think of what he is going to say next. >> i think the word failure is such a powerful word when you say your record, mr. president, is one of failure. your policies have failed the
1:14 am
american people. you deserve a failing grade. not incomplete grade but a failing grade we need a change. those -- that kind of language would be helpful to him, kind of slow it down a little bit. nevertheless, moments were great. you pointed to one of them. the coal conversation. alternative fuel vs. i was standing with a coal miner and grabbing his arm saying please help me save my job. i like that. those kind of moments for romney i think for me really work well along with the these are the metrics, this is what you promised, this is what you have delivered. i actually have real experience. he got really good marks across the board when you look at some of those instant graphs and so forth on some of the other cables that i was flipping around at and i think that's where he connects. but, look, the next debate, again foreign policy. i think the administration wanted to put benghazi to bed.
1:15 am
i don't think it did. that's waking up another morning for the debate. >> the governor has to be a little bit more clear. a little clearer about what the main problem is here. because the american people still not dialed into this. people watch the factor, listen to your radio program, they know. >> they get it. >> but the massive people you go benghazi, libya and they are going are they a soccer team? don't know i love their music. that's what the governor doesn't do well. he plays small ball. how much did you cut back drilling on federal land? governor, nobody cares. >> like what you do on the factor, you get people locked. in you ask a specific question. you lock them. in you don't let them get off it. so when they are doing benghazi, mr. president, why haven't you given a press conference discussing this with the american people? you had plenty of time. >> bill: tell us what happened. who took the security teams out of there. and it's a mistake tell us about it. >> bill: simple questions. >> when obama said i'm offended, that you would even
1:16 am
politicize this or ask these questions, romney should have said you know the american people are offended that they haven't gotten straight answers from you yet. >> bill: i would have made it more personal and say i'm offended, the ambassador is dead. that's what offends me because i don't think he should be dead. >> laura: turn it on him. >> bill: because if i was president he wouldn't be dead. he could have really gone. in president obama was good last night because you have got to understand what he is selling the president is selling basically what he sold last time. hope, hope. look, stay with me and all of the things that i'm doing are going -- >> -- ridiculous. >> bill: well, for you it is. for bob beckel coming up behind you it's not. >> yeah of course bob. >> bill: he sold that pretty well last night. last word. >> i think his presentation, bill, you are right. a the lot of passion. he had the tough body language sticking his chest out. looked romney directly in the eye. but, again, i thought he didn't make the case as to why the next four years are going to be demonstrably better than
1:17 am
the previous four how is he going to work with the pesky republicans in the house of representatives. i think those were two failing points. >> bill: directly ahead, bob beckel cease the world differently than laura. he will have some debate opinion. later, miller now helping out romney, the d-man will tell us how. upcoming.
1:18 am
1:19 am
1:20 am
>> bill: if the impact segment tonight frank luntz conducted a focus. >> how many voted for barack obama in 2008, raise your hands. a whole lot of these people. how many of you are staying with barack obama in 2012? >> so how many of you switched
1:21 am
and are now supporting mitt romney in 2012, raise your hands if you are romney people? nevada a crucial state for both candidates. with us now democrat and co-host of the five bob beckel. so you are shaking your head. you just don't like those people. >> i used to be in the polling people. with all due respect to luntz that's not the way do you a focus group. it's ridiculous. it doesn't rise to the standard of your show, bill. >> bill: it doesn't rise? >> no. >> bill: why? regular folks. >> somebody doing a poll does not stand in front of people go do a cheerleader. focus groups you sit behind sometimes behind a mirror and listen to what people say. in frank's case he gets out there and becomes the center stage. >> bill: you think luntz intimidated these people. >> i think luntz is a republic who very much wants to see the -- >> bill: so these people wanted to please frank luntz? >> i think what these people were chosen i would be a
1:22 am
little suspicious. >> do you think luntz cooking the books. >> ever since luntz started this thing and you fell for it it's fine it makes for good tv. >> bill: luntz may be rooting one way or the other but there isn't a person on the face of the earth who wants to please luntz. >> that's for sure. >> bill: so your whole thieves collapses. -- thesis collapses. my talking points memo the most brilliant you have ever seen. >> no. >> bill: where did i go wrong? >> where you went through the greatest moment for mitt romney is you failed on employment, you failed on, this and you failed on that and didn't come up with an overarching way of saying how is he going to deal with it. >> he doesn't have to. >> if he were asked the question by you then he would have. >> to he was asked a question about tax plan of course he ducks it again. i talked about this last time. >> bill: you got auto million people watching the debate. they are not all ph.d.es in
1:23 am
political science. they take impressions, and the impression that romney wants to give is that president obama is a failure economically. and that the way he did it was effective. you know it was. >> for people to replace incumbent president is a very big step with them to. replace with somebody they don't know or have no idea what he is going to do and in mitt romney's case is this is a guy who nobody really has a firm grip on i'm not sure people around him have a firm grip on. >> that's not invalid point you are making. incumbent. especially guy personally liked by barack obama and george w. bush, he in 2004 capitalized they liked him personally and liked him better than kerry. that's what i think put him back in high pressure we have fear in the air. on romney to basically light that fuse. it's not good. it's getting worse. it's getting worse. make people more frightened so they go against the incumbent.
1:24 am
>> people say that every day. pundits, politicians, they all say the same thing. what the difference is romney in the next couple weeks needs to play r. lay out overarching team. >> bill: gazillions of dollars to run undisputed tv ads where he runs the tv ads i'm going to do x, y, and z. in the debate see i think he gets in trouble when he goes small ball. >> i think that part of your memo was good. >> bill: he gets into this swamp that nobody cares about. all he has to continue to say hey, president obama is a nice guy doesn't know what he is doing. doesn't know what is he doing with the economy and doesn't know what he is doing with libya. >> the key point is people are going to say do you know what you are doing romney. >> you can't laugh it off. the fact of the matter is you are going to replace incumbent president with somebody you have got to make sure you know who that somebody is. >> bill: here is the mistake. tragic mistake. you are one of the democratic party's leading intellectual
1:25 am
lights. it's not a referendum on mitt romney. it's a referendum on barack obama. >> exactly right. >> bill: wrom think doesn't have a to make that. >> exactly wrong. >> bill: all is he going to say i am going to do it? >> do you think with all the problems barack obama has and the economy and everything else that mitt romney is still tied with him? if you had a decent candidate they should have a a% or 7% lead by now. >> bill: i will answer that question in the sense of what you just said. it's hard to dislodge a guy you know for four years in place of a guy you don't really know. if you demonize a guy him. hoover, jimmy carter, then the vote is going to be against obama rather than for romney. >> i think the obama campaign has done a good job of demonizing mitt romney and i don't think the guy likes him very much. >> bill: why did he he surge. >> he he did have structural change in the election. >> bill: that changed peoples minds. >> changed some people's minds not enough. >> bill: what do you mean not
1:26 am
enough. >> not enough. >> bill: he is up 6 in the gallup poll. six. >> what does that mean? >> bill: that means that he was down a and now he is up 6. do the math. changed a lot of people's minds. >> take a look at the gallup poll a week from now. >> bill: okay. that's a fair point. we will see if there is going to be a pop for barack obama on this. remember, in the biden thing, and you -- i thought you were gonna rent a room with biden you were so happy with his performance. >> i thought it was brilliant. >> bill: didn't move 1 percentage point. >> that's also what i said vice presidential debates don't move. >> bill: help barack obama to the tune of 1 points to 2 points. >> we will see. >> bill: bob beckel. catch him on the five. we have a brand new bill o'reilly.com poll question. can you be good friends with someone whom you disagree politically? can you be good friends with someone who you disagree politically? very grammatically correct sentence there. yes or no. bill o'reilly.com. dennis miller comes out for mitt romney in a big way.
1:27 am
we will show you more of what that is about. show you more of my appearance on couric today. did you say that? we hope you stay tuned to those reports. 5-hour energy? 5-hour energy supports the avon foundation for women breast cancer crusade. so i can get the energized feeling i need and support a great cause? i'm sold. pink lemonade 5-hour energy? yeah and a portion of every sale goes to the avon foundation for women breast cancer crusade. i'm sold. new pink lemonade 5-hour energy. get the alert, energized feeling you need and support breast cancer research and access to care.
1:28 am
1:29 am
1:30 am
>> bill: campaign 2012 segment tonight. begin analyzing the presidential race. according to gallup poll release today. seven day average tracking
1:31 am
romney is up by six points as i told bob beckel and he fainted by the way after he walked out of here. 51%, 45%. the rasmussen daily tracking poll today one day romney at 49%, obama at 48%. those polls could change later this week as we mentioned when the second debate is factored. in joining us now from washington "new york times" thomas freezeman author of the big new book that used to be us. how america fell behind in the world we invented and how we could come back. i think governor romney could win the election with a strong showing on foreign policy on monday night. am i wrong? >> i think you are absolutely right, bill. showing that he can be a credible commander and chief is very important. i want to go back to something you said earlier because, you know, my own feeling about all these debates is it really comes down to one question. not saying that foreign policy isn't important or all these other questions about oil drilling. i think people are still looking for who has a plan to get us out of this mess. and i think the candidate who
1:32 am
can use the last debate to drive that issue home or over the top for them is actually the one that will be -- have the best chance of becoming the next president. >> bill: all right. how specific do you have to get? and this was -- i was debating with beckel. you know, romney could get up there and give, you know, a detailed plan of all the things that he wants to do in a microway and people's eyes with would glaze over and supply side economics and, you know, you would be when he wore ton school in pennsylvania with your head going back and forth. i think that would be a mistake. what romney is basically said is that i'm a job creator. i did it in the private sector. you know i did it i can bring those skills to the oval office and the president has had four years and things are horrible still. i think that's a very effective argument that he should just stay with. >> i think that the times when both of them have been at their most effective is when they are making those kinds of
1:33 am
arguments. >> bill: but barack obama can't make that argument. he can't? >> i think he can, bill, but i think he hasn't made it as effectively. >> you are barack obama's main advisor. you tell me how the president can convince me decent shape. how key possibly do it. >> no one is going to say that the economy is growing at 4% when it's just growing at 2%. i think the things that obama could talk about. he could talk about things like race to the top that he has put in place that has had a phenomenal impact on education reform this which is the foundation of modern jobs here. can he talk as he did in the last debate about his mileage initiative which is going to drive massive innovation in the auto industry. he can do those kind of things, connect them to real policies. >> bill: do you really think that's enough though, mr. freidman? he has done good things and bad things. but is it enough? >> just like you said with romney. you can't get into perfect
1:34 am
detail but i think what people are looking for is a sense of conviction, a sense that you are excited about your ideas. and you want a chance to implement them. this is where. >> bill: he had his chance. he had four years two with the congressman this is the most effective thing romney said for me as an american, not as a pundit last night. the economy is slower now. in september. that was the last number we got. in september of 2012. than it was in 2011. it's slower now, it's not getting better it's getting worse that's indisputable. that's powerful. >> that's where he has made his biggest gains. that's why you said if i'm obama, i'm going to make the best guess i can why the policies i have put in place over the last few years are going to turn those numbers around. that's. >> bill: you are voting hope
1:35 am
again. >> you are voting hope also with romney. his plan is not exactly. >> bill: talking about a guy whos that got four years and no improvement and a guy who has nothing and he did okay in massachusetts with the economy up there now, let me ask you because you are a foreign policy guy. look, the libya thing is a mess. you would cob seed that right? it's been handled poorly no matter what -- there is no american saying hey, i really think that libya thing has been handled well. nobody is saying that except the people at msnbc. nobody else. all right? you have that situation and foreign policy on monday night. if romney watches the factor and i think he does. he now knows there are only two key questions. only two. number one, who pulled the security teams out in august when the ambassador in his own hands own writing didn't want that to happen and number two, why did your guy cancer yand the ambassador for a week try to mislead us that it was some tape that caused it?
1:36 am
the president hasn't answered it. >> you ask me what i would say if i were in his shoes. i would say mr. romney this was basically punch to the u.s. embassy in libya. it reminds me of a much bigger sucker punch called 9/11. >> bill: you would debate it. you wouldn't answer it you would go some place else. >> no, i'm going to put it in context. the day after 9/11 i remember al gore standing up and saying george bush is our president and i'm with him. okay because this was an attack on our country. i would started there second thing i would say is, yes. we absolutely have to investigate what happened around the security in that embassy who made what decisions. >> bill: too long. six weeks was enough time to figure out who pulled the security out of there, all right? six days you could have done this if he is going to go back and try to answer the question for the guy last night. let me tell you how brave our men and women are overseas. everybody is going just answer the question. >> one other thing, bill, how
1:37 am
remarkable it was that the libyans responded by themselves taping out. >> bill: nobody cares how the libyans responded. >> that's what matters the long run. >> bill: i don't think it's fair to exile hillary clinton to peru. you and i should get her back because i don't think she hud be down there. tom freidman, everyone. dennis miller helping out the romney campaign in a big
1:38 am
1:39 am
1:40 am
1:41 am
>> thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly in the miller time segment tonight. the d-man couldn't be here tonight, because is he on the road campaigning for mitt romney. i'm not kidding. miller is actually on the romney plane. how frightening is that? but before he took off, i spoke with miller last night. so, miller, you know, congratulations, after the bolder fresher tour is so successful the romney people grabbed you as the opening. >> they looked at our counts and said we have got to get somebody in that tour and you are in the even handed business so i'm out there. >> bill: what you have learned being on the road with the campaign and opening, you know, introducing? what you have learned you didn't know? >> serks you know, bill, in a world where they throw the word great around so capriciously. everybody is great, this is
1:42 am
great, that's great. is he a good man. when i introduced him in l.a. a few weeks ago, he came off stage and i was thinking in such a hipster world he came up and put his hand on his shoulder gosh, dennis what you just said was so nice. i said maybe it's time for a gosh president in this country. you know what i mean? he is genuinely a straight shooter and, listen, i'm a square. i dig cats who are square. >> bill: you say that there is no preat the bus stop -- pretense about him. when i covered him in boston i didn't see that he is shy. he is a shy guy. >> a little reticent. but, billy, the key there is when he said that 87% of the democratic state legislature in massachusetts was democratic and he worked hand and glove with them to yield the best school system manna from heaven for moderates. that was the key line. the thing about my five sons is sweet. good balance. solid in his base. when he said that i think people are so sick of the.
1:43 am
>> that was one of the finest moments in the debate. when you go out there, do you do comedy? >> i'm not going to screw it up, bill. i'm going to go out and i will do a couple, you know, i have a couple lines, i might say, you know, i was back stage and i just had a cup of coffee and the coffee was so old and bitter, i said what's with this coffee? they said that's just joe being joe. i might throw that shot. in but that's about as far as i will go with it. >> bill: might mock biden. >> i was watching the debate and i was looking at biden what does it remind he of. reminded me of the logo on the cleveland indiana's hat. i watched baseball for the second half. that's what biden looked like to me. >> do you get any jazz for being on the factor? when people see you coming out and all of that? >> billy, the show is even handed. can i tell you? anybody -- put it this way, anybody who watches the show kind of gives good marks to the factor.
1:44 am
the people who hate the factor. >> bill: don't watch. >> i say when did you watch? what particularly i wouldn't watch him. i say what are you telling me for that? >> bill: you warmly are received then when you go out on the romney trail? >> yeah. but i will say. this when people come up to me and talk to me about you, they think you bust chops about conservatives on the show as they do liberals. i know that's the thing for you. >> that's my job. it's not like i go out and nonstop love fest. they just think -- you know what it is? you have got like a little garaway in you. it's. >> a little dave garaway in me. >> a communicator. >> bill: he had sweaters all the time. >> and you -- i had the chimp you didn't have the chimp. >> bill: almost had. >> it's a solid, you know, the show is respected because they think it's solid pro-journalism. >> bill: okay. couple of things that came in today that you might not know about. new poll. who would you rather baby-sit your child?
1:45 am
romney or obama? abc news. they must have spent days thinking this one up, all right? so romney loses in the baby-sitting poll. >> yeah. >> bill: they think he might outsource the job and you might have a taiwanese guy there. >> i think what that reflects is the fact that obama done such a good job over the last four years of instituting a nanny state that they figure it might just track right over to baby-sitting. [ laughter ] >> bill: you just knocked that out. all right. i wouldn't -- i don't think i would want the president baby-sitting because, you know, reverend wright might come over and the kid would go -- where did you learn that? reverend wright came over. >> well, at this point after four years i think obama reminds them of the saint bernard in peter pan. [ laughter ] >> come on, nanna. >> you can imagine abc news "the washington post" this is what they are talking about. >> will well is dry. >> who would you rather cut your lawn? >> the well is dry if that's
1:46 am
what they're polling on now. >> bill: miller is going to break this tonight on the factor. he has a new book. >> oh, yeah. put the cover up. do we have it here? killing lincoln -- there is nothing in the book but i figure if they google killing lincoln which has sold 53 million copies they might not want to wait for the time delay to order that and they might get killing lincoln logs. >> bill: did you have lincoln logs when you were a kid. >> i used to walk will miles miles -- 8 miles through the snow to build my lincoln logs. >> bill: different sort of log. >> bill: dennis miller, everybody. this we go. gist two bolder fresher shows, tickets available left this year. houston saturday, november 24th. the hobby center. salt lake city saturday december 8th at the energy solutions arena. also my last live solo performance before the election, at the hard rock hotel in broward county,
1:47 am
florida friday october 26th. details on all those shows on bill
1:48 am
sleep train's best rest event is ending soon. don't miss your chance to get sleep train's very best mattresses at the guaranteed lowest price. plus, pay no interest for 3 years on beautyrest black, stearns & foster, serta icomfort, even tempur-pedic. and rest even better with sleep train's risk-free 100-day money back guarantee. but the best rest event ends soon at sleep train. superior service best selection, lowest price, guaranteed. ♪ sleep train ♪ your ticket to a better night's sleep ♪
1:49 am
1:50 am
>> bill: back of the book segment tonight, did you see that tonight starring chris christie, katie couric and of course juliet huddy. you watched me on couric today the syndicated program. >> i did. >> bill: what caught your eye. >> a lot of things caught my eye. you looked lovely by the way. i liked the dynamic the chemistry between the two of you. that's besides the point. i thought it was really interesting when you started talking about female voters and went off to a completely different realm they were trying to attract female voters when they were going back and forth last night in the debate. but they might have turned them off. in this clip you are about to see this is the katie show, she asked which candidate
1:51 am
scored more points with women and i loved your answer. >> bill: really, i don't know. if i understood women, i would be a lot better off. [ laughter ] because i don't. i mean, i'm enjoying -- i wanted them to hit each other. i mean, i was ready i wanted them to go. but then women were like oh, oh, look at this, they are too confrontational. i'm like go get them. that's the difference between men and women. >> you understand women, i guess. >> bill: that was honest answer. >> first of all women are not like oh. i was actually kind of turned off. katie said it, she said it well, she said exactly what i said to somebody this morning it was anxiety producing. when i was watching the two of them, i was stressed out last night. i had to wake up really early this morning. i was so stressed out i couldn't watch. >> bill: really? because they were so mean to each other? >> it was awkward. this is not the way i could act.
1:52 am
>> bill: when you watch the factor and is that the same. >> i get stressed out. i need to have energy when i come out on the set. clearly. >> bill: i think absolutely confrontation is what it is all about. men and women see it differently. >> do you think it helped or didn't help. >> bill: again again, i can't speak for lady voters. chris christie, all right, chris christie doesn't like me. roll the tape. >> why haven't you appeared on the roiferl o'reilly factor? [ laughter ] >> because i don't want to. >> why? >> because lots of shows i could go on i don't choose to go on that show. the governor has done a lot of shows. >> bill: you live in new jersey. >> yes, i do. i loved him. >> bill: but he hates me. >> love the operative word. >> bill: never met him. never talked to him. i don't make fun of him here. >> you have not even stood up for him. you defended him. when you were on gma last year i think it was. you were talking about when maybe he was going to run for president and it was being ban teed about. you said he shouldn't run for president focus on new jersey not because he is not ready
1:53 am
you didn't say that you said because it's too late in the game to get the campaign going and be too much. the money raised too much. i mean, you sit up -- when he was getting flack for travel expenses when he was a prosecutor. you actually went after eric holder. i have no idea why he would be this way. >> bill: i think it's personal though. somebody in his organization loathes me. i know that's stunning to think about that. >> how could that be? >> he is going to sign jessica's law. i don't want to come down on him because jersey is going to do that. >> getting tough on pedophiles. >> bill: after seven years of us trying to get it done. but he -- there is definitely an edge there. >> have you ever seen him at an event like the correspondent's dinner. >> bill: never talked to him. one of the few guys in the country that i really have never ever met. >> should i work on this. >> bill: ill think -- i think you should. >> bill: no, no. as a jersey voter you are appalled. >> he will lose my vote unless he comes on the factor. >> bill: we don't even want him on the show. i don't even want him now.
1:54 am
>> psychological fujitsu. >> bill: i don't even want him. i mean if i wanted him -- i mean i want the president and romney that's ohio want. >> you want chris christie. >> bill: i would take him. i don't really want him. >> don't let your ego get in the way. >> bill: i'm telling you the truth. juliet huddy everybody, i don't want to be confrontational. r your tip of the day. might like. the tip 60 seconds awa
1:55 am
>> to visit "the factor," explain what she was doing out there. =bk
1:56 am
of president obama's speech in front of her. because she prepped for the question, she knew libya would be asked, and gathered information about it, including the president's first comments. that's what she said. virginia brownley, kansas. i did not like it when romney had to debate the moderator as well as the president. central philippines, from my perspective over here, the president remains a theoretical guy while romney comes across as a fixer. sydney, australia, most of our media here slavishly repeats the rubbish spouted by the left wing press. milan, italy, the media in this country continue to love obama. linda porter, new zealand, the media here is not covering
1:57 am
1:58 am
1:59 am
>> good morning. i am heather childers. >> i am patti ann browne. today is tuesday october 18th. thank you for watching "fox & friends first". >> he boasted he wanted to dose troy america. a 21-year-old being held without bail this morning after he was arrested on charges he plan flows up a bomb in the heart of new york city. >> anita vogel voins joins us we lathes. >> he came to the u.s. in january on

269 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on